Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectCan I make a suggestion for these going forward?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2872619&mesg_id=2873550
2873550, Can I make a suggestion for these going forward?
Posted by seandammit, Tue Mar-04-14 11:47 AM
Or, if you want to be consistent, maybe to be implemented for the next artist's discog we try this for?

I feel like while there's some good insight/reflection being shared in these, there isn't much discussion. They seem to exist as a collection of separate essays by different posters, all touching on basically the same topics, but not much interaction.

Maybe if instead of requesting that we all cover the same topics in our responses, try one of two methods:

1) After the initial album post, do each song as a reply and have posters comment/share notes underneath.

or

2) Encourage posters to separate ideas/thoughts they have about the record as separate replies. For instance, if we were talking about Phrenology, I might respond with a post that is just based on ONE idea: "Things were definitely better without Malik B," and then people who agreed/disagreed/had their own take on it could respond to that reply.

Is this too convoluted? I just would like to see more interaction on these (though the replies have all been cool, and it's been a good experience to revisit these on a weekly basis).