Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: the numbers matter for him because RCA/Sony is investing loot
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2861235&mesg_id=2861639
2861639, RE: the numbers matter for him because RCA/Sony is investing loot
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Sun Dec-15-13 10:37 PM
because as a fan its something that says that said artist you follow has moved others.

you and I from the same school of life Brother and acting like a Off the Wall and thriller when they both took off didn't feel good.

i mean as a kid you heard the radio and liked the hit songs and was hype when said act took off. it felt like a family member hitting and you celebrated in their success.

and also back then for the most part to me when a artist had hit songs and hit records and sold then it felt right.

we grew up on hit songs and a casey kasem and what was in the Jukebox. not saying that i didn't dig lesser tier acts because i have, however it felt good to celebrate somebody hitting.

i have a good friend who grew up in Asia and dealt with 3rd world country rules and regulations and a great divide and needless to say a Michael Jackson happening 30 years brought a big smile and hope.

because we support said acts. think about it man you bought Prince albums as I use to and without our money then said act might be in a lounge somewhere and not ever being heard. without the fans support the acts ain't nothing in terms of what they become and lets be real

i know cats personally who can play in there sleep and not think twice however they didn't want to be bothered with the politics, etc..

we as consumers have a stake in said artists period.

we come from an era where you bought singles, albums, tapes, CD's and supported said acts. and its connected that way as a fan.

nothing out of the ordinary with what I'm saying. my cousin is Jennifer Holiday and she had to sell records after "and I'm telling you that i'm not going" i mean its the business and acts come on shows and tell folks to buy it period.