Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: typical you never saying you is wrong
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2861235&mesg_id=2861588
2861588, RE: typical you never saying you is wrong
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Sun Dec-15-13 06:39 PM
yo I love Al Green and grew up on his music i just didn't care for no Questlove trying to recreate what willie Mitchell and crew did with him when the songs weren't there and also we had Prime and peak AL.

however I'm a huge Al Green fan, got his book and everything.

as for Prince i loved his stuff when i was a kid and he was badd back in the day. however he just ain't for my grown up tastes.

he never changed and truth is "Screwdriver" is a poor attempt by him and his other corny sexual based songs at this time and point which have no structure or songs there.

i never take away from his playing, talent and what i use to dig and like. He might be one of the Most Overrated acts ever and I ain't alone in that thinking, however he can play and for that short window of time he was something else.

but i ain't tripping on him.

and you know I support your projects and comment on them. i love your black to the future Hip Hop threads and i respond and dig those.

i hope you do one on G One personally.

anyway I'm looking forward to your R.Kelly piece you ain't even gotta ask i'm supporting it and I will tell the R.kelly forum when you link it up.

and i don't diss all acts.