Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectNah....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2861235&mesg_id=2861553
2861553, Nah....
Posted by murph71, Sun Dec-15-13 02:56 PM

I don't have to listen to Kells' words...lol

I just look at history...Sooner or later ALL artists face a drop off in popularity (in various level of degrees) and record sales...

This is why it makes sense not to be silly and short-sighted enough to proclaim record sales and hits to be the end all to be all..

This ^^^^ has been part of YOUR argument...That whole RELIC bullshit u used to hit people over the head with....Now that it's hitting Kells, you tap dancing....

If u r a fan of music you leave the record sales and hits to the suits and the artists...If they want to rule the world and sale a shit load of albums, that's the the way of the music business, Nothing wrong with that....If they want to just showcase their art and let the chips fall, that's the artists' prerogative as well...

I told u that shit was going to come back and bite u in the ass...We all know that the record label, just from Kells' interesting duets with Gaga, Phoenix and Bieber, expected to have bigger first week sales...Certainly more than 100 K the first week....

But as I will continue to say...AS LONG AS YOU LIKE THE ARTIST AND THE ALBUM, HITS AND RECORD SALES SHOULD BE SECONDARY....It's aall about what YOU get out of the experience....

Kells now has the logical opportunity to do what all acts of his stature have done......Become a strong live act...

I for one am very intrigued by Kells' next move....