Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI was going to just gloss over your bitch made response but
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2856906&mesg_id=2857432
2857432, I was going to just gloss over your bitch made response but
Posted by Anonymous, Thu Nov-21-13 11:55 PM
>>
>>If you want to critique the video then critique it on what
>it
>>is, not what it isn't.
>>
>>
>
>It's an embarrassing testament to the world in which we now
>live that it takes something that is literally interactive for
>people to realize a man's genius. We have become a society
>that is no longer content to listen to a song and let it
>interact with our own minds. We need something else prodding
>us along and directly including us, as if just the song, and
>our own thoughts and feelings about the song, isn't enough.
>

Your viewpoint is both self-absorbed and short-sighted. You're assuming people need this video to appreciate the song. Truth is, the people appreciating this video, people like myself, have been listening to Dylan long before this came out. Dylan has a pretty polarizing voice so I don't think anyone is becoming a fan off of this video. You're so wrapped up into your psychoanalysis of how this video relates to the modern music fan that you're completing missing the point of why people are appreciating the video. People, like myself, appreciate more art than just the actual music. We appreciate movies, videos, plays, poetry, dancing, painting, graphic design and on and on. The reason people are raving about this video has little to do with Bob Dylan but you're so concerned with being a purist snob that you can't separate the two and have a misguided need to validate your musical opinion. This video could've been made by anyone for any song and it would've gotten the same reaction from me. It's a great piece of art. A lot went into making this video and it was well executed. That's why I appreciate it.

>It says a lot that there's a new video for this song and
>everyone seems to be all excited about it because now they get
>to fiddle with the song's visual accompaniment. Yes, this
>will probably get a few people interested in Bob for the first
>time, but what if it didn't have this flashy interactive
>video? I would be willing to wager a lot of people wouldn't
>care. But, now look, I'M INVOLVED.
>

How you can't read that paragraph back and not understand why people think your full of yourself is beyond me. First, you're attempting to undermine people who get into this song through the video as if they're not as good as the oh holy Austin who can see the interactive video just by listening to the music. Man, we should all be so great. Second, again, you're assuming why people like this video as if their appreciation of the video is directly to related to Dylan. And I mean, how dare someone appreciate a well executed video and interactive piece and not give a fuck about the music? Did you ever think there may be people, like programmers, who might not be as in to music as you or I that like this piece for other reasons?

>Haven't we become narcissistic enough already?
>

Yea...that's still my favorite line of your ignorant ass piece of shit post.