Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectSo I take it you hate all videos then?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2856906&mesg_id=2857258
2857258, So I take it you hate all videos then?
Posted by mrhood75, Thu Nov-21-13 10:35 AM
Because the idea that "XXXX's video sucks because it's better to let the listener to come up with their own interpretation in his/her mind" has been criticism of videos since MTV was invented. Shoot, they've been making jokes about that interpretation since "Bloom County" in the mid 1980s. So to single this video out in particular for that type of indignation seems fairly silly.

And.even in this post, the people who are enjoying the video the most are long time fans of Dylan. I've been watching Dylan kill this track live since most of the people and thiso board rocking short pants and chewing on abba zappas (probably before a lot of the cats here were born) and I think it's great and creative for all the reasons I stated above.

Again, Dylan and his team isn't new to the interactive game. They've been down this road before, with success. And the most and the vision hasn't been comprised. So, really, what's the issu here?