Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectIf they don't release a group album before Kendrick's next one..
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2856309&mesg_id=2856744
2856744, If they don't release a group album before Kendrick's next one..
Posted by Original Juice, Mon Nov-18-13 04:06 PM
I will be upset. I've been anticipating this since seeing/hearing video for "Zip That, Chop That." I had previously heard of and heard some music by K. Dot and JayRock.. But it didn't really all come together for me like, "Oh, I gotta check for everything these cats put out" until that video.

Not sure why it hasn't happened yet. Why even call themselves "Black Hippy" in the first place? Just call them TDE, and be done with it.

I'm actually more of a fan of them together than individually. That's the whole appeal of a rap "group".. Group releases with dynamic interaction and a variety of voices/flows/styles.

So yeah.. I'm a fan. Not sure I'm loving the direction of Q's new album, though.. Haven't been too hyped on any of the singles so far. I'm kinda hoping their next round of releases will have less of the trap beats and double-time flows.. though they are good at this, it's not what hooked me in the beginning.