Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI'm digging the album and the fact that the tracks are long
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2850391&mesg_id=2853327
2853327, I'm digging the album and the fact that the tracks are long
Posted by ZooTown74, Sun Nov-03-13 03:50 AM
Unlike the length of the Timberlake tracks (which are the very definition of "bloated"), these tracks seem to build slowly and grow as they go along, which, based on what I've heard of him (LCD and various remixes) is a James Murphy staple, and it's something that I wish bands would do MORE of... the method and motive behind the extended songs is far different than the ones heard on the Timberlake albums, where the track ends at a reasonable time, then the beat restarts for another 3-4 minutes of vamping that isn't very compelling.

I, for one, have always been a fan of albums with great sequencing, and this record has that, imo...

But even if you don't buy the narrative that may or may not be there, I like the sonics of the album a lot...

My only wish is that the grooves, such as there are, were more, "in the pocket," so to speak...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Gotta hear both sides