Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectWell, after the first listen...some incoherent thoughts....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2850391&mesg_id=2853114
2853114, Well, after the first listen...some incoherent thoughts....
Posted by Kosa12, Sat Nov-02-13 12:10 AM
I find myself kind of at a crossroads with this album, I think its good but at the same time there aren't really that many remarkable moments on it. It is surely, for me, not their best album, because like everything since Funeral.....it doesn't even come close to the quality of that album (which I thought was amazing). Despite the fact that it IS long, I don't think it felt as long as The Suburbs (I know, I make no sense) and I really have no beef with the length (ok, they could've cut that last track a little bit). Right now I'd probably give it a 7/10. All of this leaves me puzzled as to the overall critical acclaim of it so far, but I guess the acclaim for them is to be expected at this point.

I didn't like Neon Bible that much. I though the Suburbs was decent to good....this album on the first listen is possibly better though. This is all first listen rambling though, so I'll probably have a more solid (or even different) opinion by next week (I actually started out NOT loving Funeral then loved it....and kind of the opposite happened with The Suburbs). My favorite track is probably the title track..."We Exist" and "Its Never Over" were pretty cool as well