Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: more comedy goodies from RIck Haters as usual
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2845367&mesg_id=2846119
2846119, RE: more comedy goodies from RIck Haters as usual
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Oct-07-13 12:21 PM
to me Rick is, however, the lying turkeys in here saying that cameo made all these great albums and i said so now you saying they made albums as good as earth wind and fire?

ask how i drew that conclusion before you put words in my mouth.

because the way you and Wak are talking about Cameo ya'll essentially saying the were the next baddest R&B band after EWF and made these kind of records.

Rick wasn't as big as EWF,however Street songs had the same Statewide success as "thats the way of the world" and also Super Freak and Lets Groove tonight are all that the White Side of town mainly known by each act and both Rick and Maurice got caught up in trying to duplicate that particular sound with clone songs. difference was that Rick kept it funky on throwin down, while ewf stayed way too polished.

EWF had better albums and bigger hits than Rick, still i dig them both the same in my personal thoughts. because Rick had a run to rival them despite not having nowhere near the cross over love, however his best songs hold up real nicely.