Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: Yet in this context "Bigger" means "Beyonce is BIGGER than Erykah"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2845367&mesg_id=2845982
2845982, RE: Yet in this context "Bigger" means "Beyonce is BIGGER than Erykah"
Posted by murph71, Sun Oct-06-13 05:11 PM
>
>Erykah would run circles around Beyonce on stage in the studio
>etc.

I think Beyonce is the wrong person to pick on in this argument...As for the stage jab, Beyonce is a lot of things...But her trump card is her live stage show...I'm a Badu STAN...And her studio acumen is a lot more evolved than B's...But on the live stage show tip? B is no chump...

>Cameo would smoke Rick like Rick would smoke George Clinton's
>drawz outta Gene Simmons Demon Boot.

It's a band vs. virtually one dude...So I'm not sure that's much a fair fight...

>C'mon...I already did the research...y'all go ahead and be
>honest with the facts.
>
>Who got more jams after jams after jams after jams after jams
>after jams after jams...
>
>Rick had two lifelines since 1983...Mc Hammer & Dave
>Chappelle...I NEVER WANT TO HEAR THE 'HITS' from Street Songs
>again (they got co-opted Kool & the Gang "Celebration" style
>and leave a really bad taste in my mouth)...Rick got like
>1.5/2 more jams on that album.

The hits from Street Songs are still classics though....So whether or not u got sick of 'em or they were co-opted means little....They are great songs...I can't front on that bottom line...

But u r right about Hammer and Chappelle giving Rick back his limelight...Dude was known more for his arrests than his music by the 90s...Rick wasn't much thought about until the Chappelle Show.....

All said, I would take Cameo's overall catalogue over Rick's...It's more consistent...And it's more funky...