Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjecthere's my thing in a nutshell
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2838046&mesg_id=2838566
2838566, here's my thing in a nutshell
Posted by imcvspl, Thu Sep-05-13 02:37 PM
>The reality is her image is SO SUCCINCT and strong. Her music
>doesn't compare yet. It definitely could though. It's not
>like I am counting her out. I think the industry benefits
>from her being in it.

She'll never be able to reach her potential if she is constantly in this struggle to qualify her image. Each time there's the type of pushback on her image that you're giving here, the qualifying her in the makings of a star, it makes her go back in and have to restate again why she's doing this rather than just doing it. The laboriousness of this back and forth IMO is stifiling her. It's not preventing her from still making great songs but it is keeping her form her full musical potential, and that IMO has nothing to do with the feasibility of her pop success. And in fact going for that would likely do more to stifle it.

You're talking pop potential, I'm talking musical potential. Her musical potential is continuing to grow, but her relationship with the pop potential is her struggle as an artist.

Wishing her all the best though, and am appreciative for what she's given on this one.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." © Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."