Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectto keep a tally... 1) you agree that lyrically Bruno ain't there
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2838046&mesg_id=2838340
2838340, to keep a tally... 1) you agree that lyrically Bruno ain't there
Posted by imcvspl, Wed Sep-04-13 03:20 PM
>That's just a matter of opinion...

...let's differentiate opinions agreements and facts shall we?

>I will say that yes... Lyrically Bruno isn't as intricate as
>Janelle..

We both agree on this and it could argued as fact for the moment.

>I think that Janelle is a bit more primed as an
>'artist'.

You'll have to define 'primed' here so I know what you mean, but it sounds like artistically she's got something over Bruno.

Left in question - have you heard of Jamie Woon? Would you agree that the aesthetic of Grenade was better done by Woon?

>Bruno fought his way into the limelight
>with SONGS..

I think it was more the performances that broke him than the songs. The performances helped develop the image. The two of them make the mediocrity of the songs a moot point to most.

>Janelle broke on image and the idea of her.

Will not deny that. And that's biting her in the ass at the moment because it keeps people from the music. But there's no doubt that the music is still there.

>Whose song will be remembered in the public consciousness 10
>years from now?

Shit I had to look up grenade to remember which one that was. But I'm not the public. I will tell you though my kids will still be dancing to Janelle ten years from now. And not because she had hits, but because above and beyond what they achieved they are good. Really good from an amazing talent who's good doing what she's most comfortable doing. You want to know why I bumped that other post, because I can already sense the push with this album will be even more for her to change something about her... and that irks the shit out of me.

Her whole point is to have the public change their perspective, but the public is unwilling.

And just for the record right now this won't make my top whatever for the year list, but its a damn good body of work that deserves more than cursory listens for the hits.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." © Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."