Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI sold it within a week of release...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2837920&mesg_id=2838070
2838070, I sold it within a week of release...
Posted by Jakob Hellberg, Tue Sep-03-13 02:07 PM
What I remember was that the beats were total fettucini-shit with sad "mafioso"-strings and shit. I was extremely sick of that vibe and never really liked it (and note that "OB4CL" never really sounded like that; not even "Rainy Dayz" or "Knowledge god", it was just a spice) so that was an immediate drawback.

As for his rapping, I remember it lacking the intensity and aggression in the delivery he had earlier (to be honest, this already started to happen on "Iron man" and the double wu disc but if you had foils like GFK and others, it's obviously not as big of a deal) and I was tired of those type of lyrics/imaginery as well even if I guess that part was straight-he *is* a good/great rapper.

I need to revisit honestly, they have it on spotify apparently so I will give it a listen again but I doubt my opinion has changed.

As for his later stuff, I have only heard "OB4CL 2" and "Shaolin vs wu-tang" and I like both of those, the first one in particular. "Shaolin..." felt a bit slight and I haven't played it much since the release but it's still good; that's another one I need to play again even if it's a quite recent album...