Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjecti feel like, when it comes to lyrics
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2810334&mesg_id=2810435
2810435, i feel like, when it comes to lyrics
Posted by Kosa12, Tue Jun-04-13 01:42 PM
my scale is different in rap than it is other genres

mainly because for me it is the genre that focuses(ed?) most on lyrics. And maybe when I say "lyrics" here, I'm probably reffering more to rhyming. like if a rapper cant put words together well i.e gucci mane, wacka flocka, chief keef or some shit like that i really cant listen to them. even if i like thier voice/flow

im probably a "lyrical nerd" or w/e, in ALL genres( i mean, fuck, i wrote my thesis on argentine rock lyrics), but rap more than anything, probably because rap got me into music in general. I love trying to find out what lyrics mean/interpreting them

yes the beat is what draws me in first, but i normally can't fuck with rappers i see as "horrible"

wheras in other genres, if i like the singer and i like the instrumentation, even if the lyrics are weird/i dont understand their meaning......i can still rock with it(probably). I'm not saying I'm not extremely picky with music that isn't rap though (I AM. BELIEVE ME). And there is also the "bob dylan effect" that people that are describing here, I rock with that too.

but obviously at the end of the day, if i hate the music, i wont get to the lyrics in the first place. thats a given

i don't know if i am making sense....but yeah....