Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectTrinidad James needs a ghostwriter
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2805230
2805230, Trinidad James needs a ghostwriter
Posted by urbgriot, Tue May-14-13 01:53 PM
I know some of his people glance at OKP, so when they do please share with him. His 15 min are almost up.
2805241, If you can't write your own raps, you shouldn't rap
Posted by DolphinTeef, Tue May-14-13 02:46 PM

Period.

2805357, totally disagree.
Posted by bavid dammer, Tue May-14-13 09:27 PM
some of the greatest rap songs/vocal performances were ghostwritten.

it's immature to ignore the talent in RAPPING just because the lyrics were written by someone else.
2805243, yep the person who signed him quit
Posted by Menphyel7, Tue May-14-13 02:51 PM
He hasn't had a new single to hit...they just remix another song from the mixtape.

Look like he was a one mix tape wonder.
2805246, trust me.. he's just warming up
Posted by judono, Tue May-14-13 03:14 PM
2805356, http://tinyurl.com/brezjjj
Posted by AlBundy, Tue May-14-13 09:20 PM
http://tinyurl.com/brezjjj

-------------------------
“The other dude after me didn’t help my case. It was just like…crazy nigga factory going on.”
Dre makes no apologies for his own eccentricities. “I was young, and searching, trying to find myself,” he says. “Never did.”-- Andre B
2805247, agreed. TJ's got everything BUT the lyrics
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue May-14-13 03:27 PM
that's what made AGE so amazing to me, every single line was dope and memorable. i cant really say that about anything else he's done except 2 or 3 guest verses. i guess AGE really was lightning in a bottle.

he's got the personality, image and musical style. he just needs somebody to feed him some more fly ass shit to say. that's what gets Gucci, 2 Chainz, Scooter n em over. Young Thug is next. that dude got a gift for hooks and silly shit.
2805256, Can't lie though, his Paid Dues set was impressive
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Tue May-14-13 03:47 PM
He didn't perform "All gold everything" until the last song, but he had the crowd GOIIIIIIIIIIIIING for 27 minutes before that. He did one song that the crowd hadn't heard before...with the simplest hook ever..."What happens in Vegas.....stays in Vegas!!!" but dude had ridiculous energy and stage presence. I'll give myself a liiiil credit for getting the crowd hype before he came on, but he kept it going for sure.
2805276, trinidad james made a classic rap song
Posted by bucknchange, Tue May-14-13 04:56 PM
i dunno if any follow-up will be suffice after AGE
sure lighting can struck twice, but I think its more so the production he needs (beats, hooks & song arrangement)
people wanna throw him in the 2chainz lane, but 2chainz has been rapping for years and perfected his shit
trinidad turned a random 'myspace-esque' beat into a hit record, so i'm curious to hear what he can do.
i don't think guys like mikewillmadeit or like a young chop are the answer