Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjecti heard maofuckers sayin' they made hov...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2803796
2803796, i heard maofuckers sayin' they made hov...
Posted by bavid dammer, Wed May-08-13 07:08 PM
if that's true, ok... make another hov.

almost 10 years later, this was one of the most etherous line of all-time considering dame did nothing.

at the time, i thought he was counting dame short.
now? nope, he nailed it.

you mean to tell me you got all this money and you can't get another rappers career off the ground from that circumstance?

and miss me with currensy, he's cool but he's 30+ and he's on album #15 in 3 years.
that's not a success.
2803798, yep. dude destroyed that song/beat...every single verse.
Posted by guru0509, Wed May-08-13 07:21 PM
too much flossin, too much sam rothstein..
shoulda stayed in food & beverage...

lol, ow
2803800, I don't Dame Dash is trying to "make another Hov"
Posted by gritty, Wed May-08-13 07:22 PM
Or at least that's not what I got out of that interview he recently did on the Combat Jack Show. He made it seem like he was done with HIp Hop, cause I remember him saying something along the lines like a 40 something year old can't really do Hip Hop. And he spoke on how it's a "young man's game".

2803801, jay said the shit in 2006 though.
Posted by bavid dammer, Wed May-08-13 07:25 PM
2007, 2008, 2009?
2803806, RE: jay said the shit in 2006 though.
Posted by gritty, Wed May-08-13 07:29 PM
>2007, 2008, 2009?
>

Yeah but did Dame go out and try to find another "Hov" right away. Besides, Dame was probably just joking when he said that.

I really don't think he cares about finding another "Hov". If anything, I think he just wishes they both of them were still on good terms. I think he could care less about the business and politics.
2803821, You obviously never heard that cat on the Dame Blurock comp
Posted by imcvspl, Wed May-08-13 08:00 PM

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." © Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."
2803826, that was such a sad attempt.
Posted by woe.is.me., Wed May-08-13 08:37 PM
dude on the Blakroc album
2803830, suge knight-esque
Posted by bavid dammer, Wed May-08-13 08:58 PM
it's crazy to me that the dame dash music group never got any major backers/distribution.
i guess he burned too many brides while on top.
still doesn't answer for why he couldn't discover/make another "hot" act without jay/def jam.

i mean he HAD the black keys.
currensy sued him. the black keys shitted on him.

in retrospect, that line was straight up ether.
it's crazy how quickly we deem people on top "smart" businessmen.
dame dash, like jay-z, like 50 cent, like suge knight was just right place right time and was lucky.
delusions of grandeur has never helped anyone's output.
...especially when you are starting from scratch.
2803804, exactly.the nigga done with hip hop bcz he cant "make anotha hov"
Posted by LAbeathustla, Wed May-08-13 07:27 PM
2803816, Now while I don't think Dame "made" Hov....
Posted by gritty, Wed May-08-13 07:55 PM
I do think he's somewhat responsible for Jay-Z success but just as much as Jay-Z is. He was hustling with Jay-Z when no one wanted to sign Jay-Z and he was the one who was like "we're going to do this independently" because Jay-Z couldn't get signed.

But in no way, shape or form do I think Dame "made" Jay-Z. It was a team effort among Jay-Z, Dame and Biggs.
2803924, people are too easily seduced by the idea of ethering in hip hop
Posted by GumDrops, Thu May-09-13 05:12 AM
i doubt dame dash or anyone who made jay-z as big as he is/was think they can make 'another' hov, thats just a witty play on words. the point is that yes, jay-z helped make himself successful, but he didnt do it alone. he is one of the least grateful artists in recent memory from all accounts. so no one is saying that he wouldnt be shit without them or their input over the years, just that he is what he is, due to the help of those around him. would he be the same artist or have had the same path with others working for/with him? i doubt it. its a lot of hurt feelings that created that line thats been quoted, its not to be taken that literally. rap fans need to stop thinking in such binary terms and falling for one extreme argument over another.
2803934, hip-hop has helped to dumb down ppl's thought process...
Posted by philpot, Thu May-09-13 06:46 AM
like TV, commercials, etc etc

nuanced complex issues can be dismissed by quoting one line of poetry & acting as if its some sort of magical answer bc its clever

jay z lines are, in fact, used for this purpose more than any other rapper im aware of
2804000, He tried with Jim Jones.
Posted by kwez, Thu May-09-13 10:18 AM
I saw him say out of his damn mouth that Jim Jones was about to release an album better than RD.
2804029, Biggie and 2Pac's murderers made Hov, duh
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu May-09-13 11:47 AM

So yeah, its just a hot line

If they are alive Jay is just a big lipped cocaine
rapper not no mogul

He literally does nothing Biggie couldn't do

He's not more of a sex symbol, isn't a bigger rapper,
definitely not more charismatic

I am a Jay fan, btw
2804031, woops
Posted by philpot, Thu May-09-13 11:53 AM
2804035, nah Biggie would have got a backlash after Life after Death
Posted by Menphyel7, Thu May-09-13 12:03 PM
and Jay could have slide right in there then.
2804051, what makes u think him living wouldve created a backlash?
Posted by philpot, Thu May-09-13 12:57 PM
ur saying ppl didnt hate on the album bc he was dead?

hmmmm...dubious
2804053, no. just...no
Posted by fontgangsta, Thu May-09-13 01:00 PM
>If they are alive Jay is just a big lipped cocaine rapper not no mogul

big and pac were rappers. great rappers. but thats all they ever would have been.
jay was going to be a businessman whether they were around or not.
2804056, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Posted by imcvspl, Thu May-09-13 01:02 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." © Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."
2804086, please
Posted by fontgangsta, Thu May-09-13 01:44 PM
what? you think big is getting in on basketball teams and sports agencies?
you think pac is doing a clothing line or his own nightclubs?
you think EITHER of them are getting Brand Director for Budweiser?

F......O......H
2804057, lol
Posted by Brotha Sun, Thu May-09-13 01:07 PM
2804082, nobody who liked Jay gave a fuck what Pac was gonna do
Posted by Bombastic, Thu May-09-13 01:34 PM
let's just stop with that.
2804084, Bomb always swoops in to shield jay from criticism, at least he's consistent
Posted by philpot, Thu May-09-13 01:36 PM
maybe one day you'll get to meet him!!!
2804263, uh, I simply said people who cut for Pac didnt cut for Jay or vice versa
Posted by Bombastic, Thu May-09-13 11:41 PM
which is why I didn't include Big in my reply, glad you're keeping an eye out tho!
2804154, until they released the Commission album
Posted by Ray_Snill, Thu May-09-13 04:03 PM
>If they are alive Jay is just a big lipped cocaine
>rapper not no mogul
>
>He literally does nothing Biggie couldn't do
>
>He's not more of a sex symbol, isn't a bigger rapper,
>definitely not more charismatic
>
>I am a Jay fan, btw
>

<================================
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd494/raysnill1/2012falcons.jpg
2804069, R.Kelly had a big hand in making him
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Thu May-09-13 01:19 PM
because he went to the king of R&B to colab on a bigger scale.

Kellz was before Beyonce, Sinkin Park,Timberfake,

and then when the camel did that corny album with Kayne you knew where it came from.

2804077, R Kelly also coulda been ur daddy...
Posted by philpot, Thu May-09-13 01:28 PM
but the line was too fuckin long

2804105, hey I Heard your mamma got more in common with Octomom
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Thu May-09-13 02:38 PM
not only did the doctor pull you out of there, however i heard he went in for the Nestea plunge and invited his homies for a first side view.

turkey your mamma is set to appear in 5,4,3,2,1 on Maury Povich's show and maybe they might find out who your daddy is and yet so many names are on your mama's tree who will ever know turkey?
2804100, Everybody take a shot...
Posted by Frank Mackey, Thu May-09-13 02:23 PM
2804183, Dude.
Posted by blueeclipse, Thu May-09-13 06:14 PM
This is pathetic R. Kelly dick riding even for you.
2804232, shup up turkey because Kellz was part of Jay Z crossing over
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Thu May-09-13 09:58 PM
to other audeinces. acting like there colabs weren't important to Jay Z's career? "Fiesta" not Guilty" was a huge colab especially when Jay Z was in serious trouble and guess who sang the Hook, Kellz, Jigga not guilty? you better act like you remember turkey.

Jay Z jumped with Kellz after he saw Puffy, Nas, Biggie all hit with Kellz.

Camel fans think this turkey ain't used everybody he has worked with to get further ahead? SMH
2804269, you are really a horrible poster
Posted by Kosa12, Fri May-10-13 12:32 AM
my god kellz has nothing to do with this holy fuck
2804122, he kinda did, when he made kanye
Posted by Bblock, Thu May-09-13 03:06 PM
dame gave kanye his shot, and supported him
hov just looked at ye sideways at first
now look at ye
bigger than jay-z
without the help of his wife
now? with a kardashian?
he's major
bet
2804160, How do you figure Ye is bigger than Hov?
Posted by kwez, Thu May-09-13 04:23 PM
Pretty sure Jay even moved more units of BP3 than MBDTF

2804130, Vol. 2 would've happened whether Big and Pac were around or not
Posted by Nick Has a Problem...Seriously, Thu May-09-13 03:18 PM
that's all I will say on that
2804180, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Posted by gwycliff, Thu May-09-13 06:04 PM
2804188, why would you make another HOV? so he can backstab you also?
Posted by FromTheGo, Thu May-09-13 06:44 PM