Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: And now you're just making shit up
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2799166&mesg_id=2800258
2800258, RE: And now you're just making shit up
Posted by murph71, Thu Apr-25-13 11:26 PM
>You're suggesting that Michael fired Q because Q was checking
>him on his lifestyle.
>
>I've never seen ANY quote to support this as being what
>happened. I mean, I can understand why someone might ASSUME
>that's what happened, but for now I would rather deal with
>what we know as FACT and not assumption.

Good point...

But on the real, we are all human, Kap...Most of us r not the best when it comes to taking hardcore criticism, especially if we are use to people saying "yes" to us all day...It's not a far fetched assumption to believe that MJ didn't take to kindly to Q's straight old man talk...

There are three things that could have happened....

1. MJ didn't like the fact that many folks unfairly tried to say Q was the primary reason for much of the success of Off The Wall and Thriller...(I can't tell u how many folks I've argued up and down on this; folks who think MJ was some puppet...Shit is crazy...)...So he decided to end their partnership and find a new collaborator (Teddy)...

2. Q was on some sobering, real talk shit and got on Mike's bad side when he started showing concern for MJ's personal issues...U come out and tell someone they have a drug problem, that's not something u want to hear...

3. The two just grew apart...

Who knows what really happened?....But it's totally not out of the realm of logic that MJ didn't take to kindly to Q's constant advice and criticism...(If you know anything about OLDER folks, they are usually the most straight no chaser people around...They don't care who they offend....I find no reason to think Q is making shit up...He has nothing gain from that given that he has done almost everything a producer could do in this business...)

Personally I think it's all 3...Hell, it's probably deeper than anything we will ever know...