Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectBased on the recent set list
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2796982&mesg_id=2797153
2797153, Based on the recent set list
Posted by nipsey, Wed Apr-17-13 08:00 PM
THIS is the Prince show I want to see. I've seen Prince about 6 or 7 times. All since '97 and I get tired of the "hits" set lists. I fully understand why he does them. Cause it's what the people want. He plays these 20,000 seat arena shows and he has to appease the casual fans. But I've wanted him to do a show with his lesser known songs for the longest.

I think in 2013, he's making a concerted effort to reach out to his hardcore fans. I don't know how much that makes up for all those stupid fan clubs where people were gypped over and over again. But this year he's giving us new songs and remixes in an "easy" to download manner. Who woulda thunk he would ever do that. And now he's doing a show strictly for the diehards. At first I questioned the reasonsing behind $250 shows, but now I see why. It's the weed out the hardcore fans from the casual ones. Casual ones aren't going to pay $250 for Prince. So he has shows only the hardcore will got to playing a setlist only the hardcore would enjoy. Cause if he played this setlist with $75 tickets, all those casual fans would call the show wack because he didn't play "Kiss". Too bad I don't have $250. But I'm sure I'll be able to find the audio somewhere.

Setlist from drfunkenberry.com:

EARLY SHOW
Let’s Go Crazy
Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad?
Endorphinmachine
Screwdriver
She’s Always In My Hair
Liathach
I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man
Guitar
Plectrum Electrum
FixUrLifeUp
I Like It There
When We’re Dancing Close and Slow
Bambi
2 Young 2 Dare
Cause and Effect
1st Encore:
Let’s Go
Crimson and Clover/ Wild Thing
2nd Encore:
Sign ‘o’ the Times

LATE SHOW
Ain’t Gon’ Miss U (not 100% on the title but it was the same song that opened both shows on the 15th)
Let’s Go Crazy
Endorphinmachine
Screwdriver
She’s Always In My Hair
Liathach
I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man
Guitar
Let’s Go
Crimson and Clover/ Wild Thing
Plectrum Electrum
FixUrLifeUp
I Like It There