Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectMy take on the album is ...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2785760&mesg_id=2787775
2787775, My take on the album is ...
Posted by QBoogie, Sun Mar-17-13 01:09 PM
... Justin grew up, is in love with Jessica Biel (she's the only person I can imagine he's directing these songs to, possibly because I know of their public relationshiop) & Timbo persuaded him to not go the "whats hot on the radio route", and said lets do something more traditional since no one is expecting that from us, and voila.

The album isn't mind boggling like I feel the last one was, hell that shit fucked me up and blew out a speaker (only two people blew out my speakers since I jammed them hoard as fuq one is Timbo and the other Dilla), but this shit here is more like throw on and chill to. It's not a masterpiece per say but just good music. I'd rather listen to this album ANY day over that album Frank Ocean dropped or the Weekend guy. I still think Miguels Kaleidescope Dream is a notch above this album.

Overall, I'm just glad it got people talking about R&B music again since that genre been stagnant as fuck. Hell they're even talking about it in GD so kudos on that front.