Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectthing is Man
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2785760&mesg_id=2787699
2787699, thing is Man
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Sun Mar-17-13 01:52 AM
you stepped toward my door, because that particular passage you eluded to MJ off the wall esque and that's what i've been saying about timberfake's whole solo career he has never stopped trying to get that spot.

however he doesn't have the chops to pull it off, yet he tries real hard. somewhere Rasheed Wallace is saying about Justin TImberlake he tries real hard, and he is a marginal talent at best,

i hear all kinds of late 70's and early 80's influences in his work and yet he just rides them, however he never takes it into his own, big difference.

all i said is you wrote about a broke MJ like was doing something special and if case you didn't notice its split and most folks at best think he is alright, however the musical ideas and what is presented don't mash man.

i got respect for you as a writer however timberlake ain't that deep and he doesn't know how to handle a balanced out project. its just not in him.