Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectIt's alright I guess
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2785760&mesg_id=2786258
2786258, It's alright I guess
Posted by Coco la chapelle, Tue Mar-12-13 06:49 PM
I just don't feel it like that. To be quiet honest, some parts of the record were pretty painful and some were really good. If Im bored one day, I’ll give it a second chance based on the hype but I have yet to understand what’s the big deal with that man.

+

I like how they blend all the songs to create an “album experience”, it’s a pretty cohesive album
It got rythm, even the songs that I find annoying are not boring
I guess he has found his sound because I don’t feel like he is biting anybody sound on this one
At least it sounds like R&B
Fav tracks : Suit & Tie, That Girl, Blue Ocean Floor … Don’t Hold the Wall would have been a monster if it wasn’t for the first 4 min of the song.

-

Those songs are too long and IMO some of them are not strong enough to be extended to 8 min
Most of the extensions are WAY better than the first part of the song, so why bother ? Just cut the songs or just release their second part. This reminds me of Frank Ocean’s “Pyramids” : the first 4 min of the song are a total waste of time.
Some of these songs already sound dated and they have just been released, I guess it must be the whole “Timbo 2004 plastic sounding production”
Not a fan of dude’s voice, yes he can sing, no it doesn’t sound bad, it's just not my cup of tea
Timbaland need to stop with that cheesy “oriental” shit, it wasn’t good back then, it isn’t today