Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: y'know... trolling is a concept with actual meaning attached to it
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2783152&mesg_id=2783767
2783767, RE: y'know... trolling is a concept with actual meaning attached to it
Posted by murph71, Mon Mar-04-13 01:55 PM
>You can't just randomly apply to every instance of someone
>having a different opinion from you.
>
>Or... I mean, you can. But it's kinda silly.

I think there's a few things going on....

Personally, I find you to be one of the more insightful posters on this here board...

And while I don't agree with your entire premise on all things Prince, it's all good---different strokes, homie....

The issue (for me) was the co-signing of a flawed statement made about the actual Prince performance (the BigFunk post concerning P needing to go ageless and play on a stool....When Prince does that type of shit every gig....)

Your co-signing of that point (the whole P is making faces and trying to be cool when he plays guitar...'why can't he be more like Dylan' stuff) was puzzling...

But more than that, it's your co-signing of Maxx that seems to be at the heart of the matter, at least for me...lol (Hence Black's Koch Brothers reference...)

Maxx is now simply a mega Troll who while will drop a gem from time to time cannot be taken seriously when it comes to Prince ....

So you see, it's not as simple as you not being able to state your opinion on a message board...

But at least we got a new nickname out of it.....Maxxx Romney? I likes....