Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectThe Lesson is what you make of it
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2783152&mesg_id=2783731
2783731, The Lesson is what you make of it
Posted by imcvspl, Mon Mar-04-13 01:23 PM
Popular artists discussions are bound to go over the deep end if they reach 50+ posts. IMO the most valuable posts are usually under 50 replies or are carried out over months not hours. Not sure when but at somepoint I found myself just backing away from posts over 50+ if I wasn't already active, and pulling out completely if it hit 100, because there's really slim chance of new information coming from them. I still lurk posts like these often for a laugh, which is why I'm here now though it wasn't really funny at all.

But reading the post unless you're referring to how maxxx set the tone with the first reply (which I don't think fits because most just read that as maxxx being maxx and KIM), the tone you're talking about was started in response to The Big Funk, who made a pretty reasonable reply based on his perspective. Not being the popular opinion Afkap let him know he wasn't alone, and *that* i think opened the floodgates for the Prince defender's to start going in like it was just trolling. But it wasn't. Quite the opposite actually. Afkap is Afkap so he's going to respond in kind, and eventually... but I digress. The point being the tone you're talking about comes from both sides, not just those with the negative outlook 'trolling'. Evidenced by from what I can see it all starting with TBF who is not a troll. Shit like you he barely posts at all these days and I can imagine reactions like this would keep him from doing so more in the future.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." © Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."

FREE GHETTO BLACK