Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectControversy....here's the part that was left out of the story...his apology afterwards
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2783152&mesg_id=2783612
2783612, Controversy....here's the part that was left out of the story...his apology afterwards
Posted by revolution75, Mon Mar-04-13 08:39 AM
"Guitar's in the shop. I have an emotional attachment to that guitar because of the look, sound, and feel of the thing. I recorded music with it that I have an attachment to. Once it's fixed I will have a deeper appreciation for it. I'm glad for the dialogue that this has created. About celebrity, hero worship, losing yourself in performance, human decency and art itself. If art is supposed to invoke emotion and reaction, then the throwing of the guitar was the master stroke. He apologized, shook my hand and said he'd take care of it. Even after he did that I STILL asked him to sign it (he says he hasn't signed anything since the 70's) so I was guilty for being blinded by my love for the music that has passed through him"-Kirk Douglas FB post