Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectHallelujah!!! My baby Alice Smith is coming BACK!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2779944
2779944, Hallelujah!!! My baby Alice Smith is coming BACK!!
Posted by imcvspl, Wed Feb-20-13 12:17 PM
Love this woman - http://static.okayplayer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/alice-smith-boxing.jpg

http://www.okayplayer.com/news/soul-singer-alice-smith-talks-about-her-new-album-she-interview.html
________
Big PEMFin H & z's
█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." © Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."
2780004, Wow didn't know she had done a kickstarter
Posted by imcvspl, Wed Feb-20-13 02:04 PM
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alicesmithshe/alice-smith-is-she

Interesting read on the story that led her that way. How can a woman with this level of talent... *sigh*

Music is coming though. I am pleased.
________
Big PEMFin H & z's
█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." © Miles

2788472, Album out today!!
Posted by imcvspl, Tue Mar-19-13 10:26 AM

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's

2788499, RE: Album out today!!
Posted by Funkymusic, Tue Mar-19-13 11:22 AM
is this a digital release only?
2788505, I think iTunes only right now
Posted by imcvspl, Tue Mar-19-13 11:27 AM
Though there may have been phsyicals for the kickstarter supporters.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's

2788826, Album is pretty fantastic
Posted by imcvspl, Wed Mar-20-13 12:20 PM
Production and songwriting wise it's very different from the last but still suits her voice well. And her voice good god.

"Fool For You" came on and I was thinking about a parallel of if Bey could sang, because they have similar voices but Alice just knows how to work it and her range is like whooo... when she hits the high note. It's funny though because the reason Bey came to mind was I thought the lyrics were cheesy as hell and her voice was carrying it. Then I realized it was a Cee-Lo cover. LOL!!

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's

2788856, It's GREAT!!!
Posted by relic1203, Wed Mar-20-13 01:21 PM
Different from what I expected maybe, but definitely great. There's a physical cd definitely, I made sure my Local Record store had it, but there seems to be no vinyl.

I know exactly what you mean about the Beyonce similarities, I was listening to it today, and that was exactly where my mind wandered.
2788940, Good to know there's CD versions
Posted by imcvspl, Wed Mar-20-13 05:09 PM
>I know exactly what you mean about the Beyonce similarities, I
>was listening to it today, and that was exactly where my mind
>wandered.

It's funny but before this album I never made the parallel. While it definitely doesn't sound like a Bey album, production wise it's closer and makes the similarities more evident. I wonder if a Bey fan could hear it.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's

2789056, RE: Good to know there's CD versions
Posted by Funkymusic, Thu Mar-21-13 01:53 AM
nice. ill def. pick this up. between this, bilal, and laura mvula, and JT, r&b is coming up this year.
2788973, She does it again. This is a winner.
Posted by Soulroe, Wed Mar-20-13 06:28 PM
n/m
2807416, I can now sing the album front to back
Posted by imcvspl, Wed May-22-13 06:14 PM
And am doing so right now!! LOL!!

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's