Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectCall Her Miss Ross
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2777084&mesg_id=2777436
2777436, Call Her Miss Ross
Posted by BootyGreen, Mon Feb-11-13 04:42 PM
Usually I'm not one to pass judgment on someone I've never met but there's been so much written about Diana's bitchiness (first hand accounts) over the years that's it's hard to think that all these people are lying.

It started, I believe, with Mary Wilson's 1986 autobiography 'Dreamgirl: My Life As A Supreme.' It's been so long since I read that book that I can't remember any specific anecdote written about Diana but do recall that the picture she painted of her one time friend and group mate was less than favorable. Then there's J. Randy Taraborrelli's 'Call Her Miss Ross' (1989) which really blew the lid off. The one that really stuck out in my mind from this book was using her pull with Berry Gordy to be cast as a thirty-something year-old Dorothy in the Wiz, ousting Stephanie Mills. To this day I get pissed hearing her warble "Home" in the that film, knowing Stephanie would've knocked it out the park. In the respective autobiographies of Patti LaBelle and Gladys Knight, they also shared less than favorable memories of the woman Knight branded "Miss Cute." Patti's story of Diana's backstage shenanigans when the Supremes shared the bill with the Bluebelles are priceless. Here's a short youtube clip of Patti discussing her issues with Miss Ross lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h3tbNtv4r0

In the book 'Motown: Music, Money, Sex & Power' there was an alleged incident involving her trying to run over Martha Reeves in the Motown parking lot.

It should also be noted that Diana received the most lukewarm response of anyone to get the Lifetime Achievement Award at the BET Awards. Folk know.