Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectSpinoff - 92-96 Head-2-Head Post
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2773254&mesg_id=2773254
2773254, Spinoff - 92-96 Head-2-Head Post
Posted by Anonymous, Sun Jan-27-13 10:48 PM
Aight, so the 1995 post was great and I think got a lot of us remembering and going back to albums that we may have forgotten about.

That post was simply just a poll among albums that I was playing recently but in true Lesson fashion, it got off track and turned into a debate amongst albums that weren't even in the poll.

But that's all good because it reminded us how great of a year 1995 was which I admittedly always saw as the least prolific year in that span.

So, here's how this post will work;

I will post the year, and underneath each year, I will post the 4 main regions.

All you have to do is, reply with an artist and album title that dropped that year that you feel should be noted.

This album could be a solidified classic, a slept on gem, or simply just a 3.5 mic album that had some bangers on it that you enjoyed.

The point of this post is to see how each of these years stack up to one another. To see how different regions emerged over time. And most importantly, remind us how great these 5 years of hip-hop were and refresh our memories with albums we may have forgotten about or even flat-out missed.

Aight…let's go!

edit: and please discuss the albums beneath them. Let's try to keep this as clean as possible.

I'll get us started off with some no brainers.