Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectIt's amazing how many ppl don't know Stone Roses or Blur
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2772523&mesg_id=2773005
2773005, It's amazing how many ppl don't know Stone Roses or Blur
Posted by zuma1986, Sat Jan-26-13 07:09 PM
Personally I'm very glad about the line-up b/c it'll scare off a lot of the bro market that has been taking over Coachella more and more each year (Last year the Sahara was brostep all weekend, it sucked). I'm over RHCP (Used to be a big fan but they got really lame) but I loved Phoenix's set in 2010 and would love to see Blur & The Stone Roses live (Seeing Pavement's reunion sold me that bands from that era can still deliver live). Maybe not the best headliners but honestly headliners are just the sell tickets, it's the fine print that makes a festival.

To me the fact that I'll get to see Wu-Tang (Please no ODB hologram), Grizzly Bear, The xx/Jamie xx, Dam-Funk, Dinosaur Jr, New Order, Earl, Four Tet, Pusha T, Richie Hawtin (Missed Plastikman live in 2010), Sigur Ros, Jessie Ware and Tame Impala live all for the first time in one weekend is a blast for me.

Kinda disappointed Black Hippies, Big Boi, Captain Murphy, The Knife, Big KRIT, Daphni, My Bloody Valentine, Solange and a few others didn't make it (Especially since some seem like shoe ins) but there's so many good & great artists as it it I know more would just make it conflicts galore.