Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI swear Rapperz R N Danja was him freestyling, he's clearly
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2772226&mesg_id=2772363
2772363, I swear Rapperz R N Danja was him freestyling, he's clearly
Posted by Bombastic, Thu Jan-24-13 01:40 PM
just spitballing with conviction, there's not really a thematic string to the bars in each verse or sometimes even from line to line which makes it feel freestyled to me sorta like Snoop on 'Da Shiznit'.

It's still a banger tho with that beat & the off the cuff nature of KRS' performance on it.

He didn't start really 'going in' until track two & then by the time he gets to MC's Act Like They Don't Know you're like 'shiiit, how KRS actually get *better* ten years into his career?!?'

Out of the choices in this poll, the KRS self-titled is a landslide winner for me.

It's actually the KRS/BDP album I still listen to most today, not saying it's 'better' or 'more important/impactful' than a few of the earlier ones but it's the one that remains the freshest listen to me nearly (goddamnwegettinold) twenty years later.

Also, the live album still goes, I appreciate that one more than I did when it first dropped.