Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectThis is where I stand from the start
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2750073&mesg_id=2751396
2751396, This is where I stand from the start
Posted by Anonymous, Thu Oct-25-12 06:54 AM
And no one replied directly to my point and instead came on here like their feelings were hurt.

Snoop has Doggystyle and nothing great after. I understand he has some albums that people like but nothing is a classic other than his debut.

Em has no classics. His career has been a gimmick and his lead singles are novelty songs. I do give Dre a ton of credit for bringing him out because it worked like a charm with the ignorant hip-hop fan. And I say this while holding he opinion that there may not be an MC better than Em in regards to rhyme structure.

D.O.C. has a classic album but I don't know if I can say that he was a "game changer"

50s career has been based around hype since How To Rob. Also, Em brought him out and used Dre for the first single and for his machine. 50 was everywhere with the mix tapes so that was a homerun for these dudes.

So those are the people that were listed in this post as "game changers" along with Kendrick which Dre hasn't even done anything with.

My problem is that people on his site want to sweep Dres negatives under the rug.

I'm not trying to take anything away from him. NWA, Chronic, Doggystyle, and No One Can Do It Better are all great. And then he has some good output on top of that.

I just don't think he doesn't have flaws like people in this post.

He has a ton of artists that were shelved. Artists like Em and Snoop have more mediocre shit than not. And he ghost production stories is a knock because there is just too many of them.

Dre is a legend and I put him on the Mount Rushmore for his impact.

But his impact is greater than his quality when you actual break it down.

If people turn a blind eye to that then it's on them.

I just find the amounts of mad in this post at the thought of a negative thing about Dre being possible is hilarious.