Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectDiamonds & Pearls
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2740571&mesg_id=2740793
2740793, Diamonds & Pearls
Posted by scorpion, Sat Sep-15-12 02:38 AM
That's when he lost the plot. There were moments of weakness in Batman. Grafitti Bridge has some stinkers(and lot of great stuff)but all of it was still "Prince"....Diamonds and Pearls was some kind of reinvention into "Cool Uncle Prince" and he straight up looked over his shoulder...The Game Boyz? Get The Fuck Outta Here With That Bullshit....still some very worthwhile music afterward but in SPOTS

The Rainbow Children convinced me that his modern day music is just a ruse...that he intentionally waters down the formula for mass consumption...he and his ego need the trappings of superstardom and being an indie artist is definitely not his bag...he tried it and he wasnt diggin it too tough...he can pull the rabbit out the hat whenever he wants to but he's not convinced that anyone will appreciate it...shit, people are still deciphering the shit he was doing in 1985...his quiet retirement from recording is a testament to that (yes, Prince is done putting out new music. I would google the interview but I dont feel like it...matter of fact 20Ten was never OFFICIALLY released...)