Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectthis how I feel...dream is excellent for twitter 140 charac's
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2731274&mesg_id=2736941
2736941, this how I feel...dream is excellent for twitter 140 charac's
Posted by supablak, Sun Sep-02-12 03:02 PM

but I'm glad she's in the outer stratosphere of Black cultural / Hip Hop critics.

She has the stuff...but she injects too much of herself into the subject of her pieces.

I'm glad she's around to record the moment (see: Biggie vids from Bed-Stuy, see: the directional prompts in Jay-Z's book)...but I really could give a fuck less about her agenda's in the moment...and honestly most of her own artistic flair (I Am Ali, recent colorful vid) leave me cold.

I check for her cause she's from the D. and that alone can be the source of a mega-strong Black perspective. I listen to a lot of Black perspectives...but that doesn't mean I'm in solidarity with their sentiments. I can relate to where she's coming from. I know exactly the sort of dumb ass oblivious nigga that is generally in her crosshairs...

But

All the gender warrior/grrl power/Mama Lion schtick is great for women & gay guys, but that isn't me, and to me the provocative nature in which she introduces her "causes" usually come across as scorned woman hurt alert p.s.a.'s in the manner of a more well read Kola Boff.

s.blak
save the schitt for the toilet bowl