Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjecti apologize for overlooking this reply.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2727648&mesg_id=2728080
2728080, i apologize for overlooking this reply.
Posted by david bammer, Tue Aug-07-12 02:20 PM
thank you for taking the time to reply.

what i'm essentially arguing is that from my perspective "the lack of options" people have bemoaned for years (decades...) has really come to a head this year.

in 2012, the corporations said:
2 songs. all the time.
take it or leave it.

i'm not surprised people are tuning out to the degree where they don't even know what is popular on a mainstream level any more.

it's just shocking there isn't more outrage from people observing the present conditions, even from an outsider POV like myself.
it's shocking that people will tolerate these recessing conditions without articulating any sort of discontentment even just in comparison to a time as recent as say 2002...
which was not a "golden era" by my standards by any means... but it makes the early 10's seem like a cultural barren wasteland in contrast by virtue of the sheer AMOUNT of things that were vying for your dollar and ready for mainstream consumption and success.
in the past on here, i've theorized that corporations have decreased output as a means to gobble up any remaining market share increasingly over the past 10 years in the music industry...
but this is just ridiculous.
i hear both of these songs practically every time i've gone into say, subway, this summer.
it never was THIS bad.