Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectfrom XXL.. gotta be pete rock?!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2721829&mesg_id=2735856
2735856, from XXL.. gotta be pete rock?!
Posted by diorama, Wed Aug-29-12 11:24 AM
And in what might be a XXL exclusive, beccause “to this day it’s favorite hip-hop magazine,” DOOM revealed murky details about another unannounced album.

Due to label constraints he could only say, “Let’s put it like this: I’m doing some work with a New York sty2le producer, right. Someone who produced mad hits and shit. Hardcore hits. Shit that―it’s totally unexpected but I’m not going to reveal it at this time.” After a little more prying, “Can I give a hint? Ugh, I would say―nah! I can’t even give a hint. New York hit-maker! ‘90s, and it’s not Primo. Try to figure it out.”

“The concept is based around the end of the world. 2012. The Mayan calendar. I’m making fun of it from a DOOM point of view. At one point in a song, DOOM talks about throwing a three-day rave in the middle of the park. 2013 is going to be when we’re counting the cash off this whole end of the world shit. The album is going to show that the world is what we make it, yo. If you don’t want to see a 2013, a 2014, or a 2015, then you won’t. Calm down, it ain’t that critical.”