Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectcontinuation
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2721829&mesg_id=2735198
2735198, continuation
Posted by imcvspl, Mon Aug-27-12 05:07 PM
You really gotta go back to KMD, specifically Black Bastards where the seeds of Doom were born. What A Niggy Know remix. You see as much as Doom is/was a character, it was born out of a man's real life experiences. He wrote some of Doomsday in jail. Not as a character created but as the character he was becoming. Doomsday was an underground classic, which didn't rise to it's current level of fame until later. Madvillain really established Doom as a character. VV was an alternate character. He took the character he had become and further fictionalized it to be an actual 'character' not just of himself. Since then he's been pushing that and that's where most o f the fandom came from. The mask and all of that made the who is doom trivial in a sense. It eventually became so far that people dissociated anything that was actually him from the character. On this album right here though he brings it all back This is the Doom that he became not just the creation. And because of that the lyrics have a personal level of umph people like me that have been waiting for doomsday doom to come back can't be anything but pleased with. This is him raw as fuck, and keeping it real. Reality is a tough pill and he's spitting it like nobodies biz.
________
Big PEMFin H & z's
█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am one thing, a musician." © Miles Davis

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."