Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: You are right I did and the third review proves my point even further
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2716740&mesg_id=2717736
2717736, RE: You are right I did and the third review proves my point even further
Posted by Skit08, Sun Jul-08-12 06:06 PM
I've only seen one or two reviews that were accurate.I'm honestly questioning the "favorable" ones that are overrating the hell out of his Essence performance.

It tells me that many of the writers are die hard D'Angelo fans (much like I am...I'm rooting for him all the way) who are in denial of where D'Angelo is now because we have some top R&B dudes (Trey, Usher, Chris, etc...they are painfully average these days)who aren't giving us what D did back in the 90's and with Voodoo.We want him to be up there with the greats, to bring R&B "back"..howwver,I realized with the Essence performance that he's not *that* good despite the proclamations.

If you look at it from a critical, live music eye it was "ok." Not great, but ok. Disappointing? Like hell it was.