Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectNah, man...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2716740&mesg_id=2717483
2717483, Nah, man...
Posted by AFKAP_of_Darkness, Sat Jul-07-12 04:49 PM
>I agree that that was some crazed shit vee lover said but
>you've been quiet in spots you were part of when Max comes up
>with some equally off the wall shit which negates all the
>knowledge you (not just you but folks in general) spill. Just
>as much as you state dismissing vee lover for that basic music
>knowledge faux pas, you never have done so with max when it
>would have been deemed relevant.

First of all, what vee-lover said was not some "basic faux pas"... That was a lunatic-level proclamation that was issued with 100% self-seriousness and (even worse) self-righteousness.

I know that maxxx is being tongue-in-cheek at least 70% of the time, so I don't have to chase him down and call him on every off-the-wall statement he's made. Plus, I am not the Lesson police; it's not my job to call every single poster on every single crazy post every single time... especially when I occasionally make crazy remarkss myself. I think I have the right to comment upon it strictly when I feel like it, don't you?

It just makes your opinions
>here and in some other spots as basic trolling, as well as
>allowing it just because maax was one of the first people who
>went at Warren back in the day when yall 2 were going at it.

That is bullshit... You're saying that my opinions lack validity because I'm not chasing everybody each time they talk crazy? That makes not a lick of sense, man. If I issue an opinion, you should be able to read it and judge it by the substance in it (or lack thereof)... not by my supposed activity or inactivity in policing other people's comments.

Look at it this way... People up on here talking about "strange bedfellows," lumping me, maxxx and Little X all together as some sort of supergroup because we're supposedly the League of D Haters or something. But look through this post and others like it... Have I ONCE cosigned anything Little X said? It's YOU who is putting us together, not me. And we're not even saying the same things. Only thing we have in common is that we'e not on D'Angelo's dick and we've been vocal about it.

As for the notion that I defend maxxx because he went at WC or whatever... what the fuck do I look like here, Lois Lane? maxxx is my hero because he protected me from mean ol' WC? LOL you have got to be kidding...

>As long as someone is there to work with your side of an
>opinion. You can deny it all you want but that's what it
>appears to be..and I know, I know ..you dont give a fuck about
>what it appears to be to me etc.

Again, that is bullshit. Just show me where I supported any post by Tim the Creator. Actually, if you look at these D posts, I barely ever even cosign maxxx, besides LOLing at his funnier snaps.

Understand something here, my dude... I don't NEED anybody to hold my hand in this Lesson. I don't NEED anybody's support, especially when it comes to my criticism of D'Angelo.

I was probably the first person here to issue a protracted critique of D'Angelo, almost 10 years ago, at a time when talking shit about D was likely to call upon you the wrath of 15 himself. Back when you had a legion of crazed D fans trying to run me off the board altogether.

Did I need anybody to old my hand back then? Hel no! So why would it need it now that a lot of people in the larger world are getting hip to the fact that many of the critiques I leveled back then were accurate, and many of my predictions for D's career came true?

Come ON...