Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI don't want any parts of this argument - but... please stop.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2716740&mesg_id=2717271
2717271, I don't want any parts of this argument - but... please stop.
Posted by Artful Dodger, Fri Jul-06-12 04:31 PM
Aaron hall more successful than James Brown?

Guy more successful than Stevie Wonder - Stevie only had a few platinum albums? You are kidding right?

Did your Ebony/Jet subscription start in 88 and end in 93?

lol.. I kid vee - just trying to lighten the mood.

I'm not down for the D hate either tho - I feel like it's been really hard to understand. To comment on his return concerts - I understand that was a huge moment and I expect those types of things.

But to argue on and on about the myth of D'angelo or the way folks dissected his two songs on BET... just kind of confused the hell out of me. Yes he's not the D'angelo from 2000... but so what?

Can we get that full review of the show? I love what I'm hearing
and I know youtube aint doing no justice.

Thanks everyone (everyone) - and damn who knew one man could be responsible for countless hate posts and yet somehow still trick everyone into knowing half the album beforehand. It's genius.

Sidenote: If you haven't figured it out by now Maxx is theee funniest motherfucker around. Like get that dude a show ASAP.

I mean is RKelly the King of Coon - why yes, yes he is.
In the past he wore those corny Bobby Brown/Julie from TimeLife headphones - in 2012 he wears white ones. smh. Dear lord.
I dunno. Smh

but I try not to miss one Maxx post ever - dude be having me in tears yo.