Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI'll give a more detailed review later....but
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2716740&mesg_id=2716883
2716883, I'll give a more detailed review later....but
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Thu Jul-05-12 02:23 PM
it was really a great show.... I mean it took me back to the days of watching funky concerts in smaller venues when you got to stand up for the show.... like watching P-Funk go for 4 straight hours at the Strand in Redondo Beach...

the highlights for me ...were really the entire thing...honestly a lot of the new material hearing and seeing it live that close is giving me a perspective on where he's going with the new songs.....particularly Really Love .... Another life..... Sugar Daddy.... These are some cool...really catchy tracks that I am very much looking forward to hearing on the album....

Jesse and D's inter-action is just cool man....I mean it's such a solid fit for him musically....

the band is sounding even tighter than what I heard from the Euro Dates.... The medlies were super funky and D is getting his sea legs back to speak....

another thing Kendra Foster being involved now is a huge plus for me.... Been diggin her since she's been down for P-funk (her solo album she had was cold....particularly the song possesion free philosophy)...

Kendra playing D's primary Female background vocalist on stage has loads of possibility...her energy is great and she and D are vibing and interacting great..

Great show man.... again, I'll get more detailed later....on the run today.