Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjecti'd say it merits discussion
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2715469&mesg_id=2716101
2716101, i'd say it merits discussion
Posted by araQual, Tue Jul-03-12 10:06 AM
i remember it being brought up on here before, maybe by you i think. and i never really paid much attention to it cos Pino was always Pino, he'd always be holding it down. but after the BET performance, it's kinda hard to ignore anymore the fact that he's almost always buried in the background, never switches up his playing and can't really SOLO for shit. all of which does NOT belong in a (primarily) funk band. seems more like he's still on board cos he's part of the fam, rather than his valuable contribution to the wall of sound.

why not just get Raph Saadiq to play bass? dude has more style n flava than Pino by a longshot, n he's not even the first person sumone would think of to play bass in a funk band. but at least he knows how to groove and his chemistry with D has already been long solidified.

i feel the band can only be SO good when some of the key pieces aren't even bringin it. FUCK, why not even give Stu Zender a call? cat would KILL it.

V.