Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectNo, and I, unlike you, don't take myself or what I say too seriously lol
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2715469&mesg_id=2715809
2715809, No, and I, unlike you, don't take myself or what I say too seriously lol
Posted by vee-lover, Mon Jul-02-12 04:01 PM
you and Mistermaxx are the worse posters on this board when it comes to critiguing/evaluating/judging certain artists, its no coincidence you co-sign anything he says. That mofo act like its his personal mission on this board to convince ppl that R Kelly is a better artist than D'angelo which reveals that deep down he knows otherwise.

You, on the other hand, invariably chime in w/your incessant negative comments when it comes to D'angelo and more than half the time what you're saying makes absolutely no sense whatsover.

>It's funny the way that when someone says something that you
>don't agree with, their "negative" opinion/criticism "doesn't
>matter."

for the record, I made only one comment in this post heretofore and that was to co-sign the one poster who understands what it means to appreciate artists as they are and what they offer artistically instead of judging them according to our expectations of what we think they should be. And for the record, I never gave my opinion so me saying what I said has nothing at all to do w/you or anyone agreeing w/me. I just know that there's something wrong when ppl, specifically on this board, feel the need to be a overly critical of certain artists as if that makes them feel better abt themselves. There was a blues singer from the group, "Electric Mud," who said that music critics (or those who think they know music) are nothing but the ppl who crucified Jesus reincarnated lol.

>
>Fine... I can accept that. But you immediately follow it up
>with an opinion defending D'Angelo. What makes your "positive"
>opinion matter any more than someone who has a "negative"
>one?

I didn't give an opinion, I gave you FACTS. He initially wasn't considered a great live performer and he did improve and became a better frontman as he became more seasoned. I said nothing abt his performance last night, I simply read the comments in this post and agree w/someone who watched the performance and judged it for what it was, period....you in here talking abt "it doesn't compare to the old funk sound" yada yada yada...Maxx as usual brings up R Kelly to shit on D'angelo when no one even draws comparisons btw the two artists.
>
>If none of our opinons matter, then none of this matters...
>and we're all just a bunch of asshole shooting empty bytes
>online.

^base, now you're gettin it...our opinions DON'T matter which is why I find it amusing that you and others take yourself waaaaay too seriously. This board is like a universe unto itself, and last night is a clear indication of that: if you didn't see his performance last nite, and looked to this board to get some info on the performance you'd think it was the worse performance ever on an awards show...but then you read go on various websites talking abt the his performance and the sentiment is compleletly different, most comments I've read thought it was very good to solid.