Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI never even read the first, I only read the David Lowery reply
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2711113&mesg_id=2711476
2711476, I never even read the first, I only read the David Lowery reply
Posted by Virgenes Corazon, Tue Jun-19-12 11:05 PM
And I don't care how filled to the brim with douchebaggery Emily's post is. David Lowery made me hate him by the time he tried to blame me and my burnt copy of "Good Morning, Spider" for killing poor Mark Linkous.

He went from being a band frontman to teaching Music Business at U. of Georgia, so he's even more in love with his own voice that he ever was and now he can't be interrupted by the other band members starting a new song.

I spent about forty-five minutes on Twitter last night ranting like a maniac. I have self-released eight albums, and the grand total of units I've moved <<<< a half-day of "Call Me Maybe" legal downloads. It is not the audience's responsibility to keep me alive and happy. Or Mark Linkous or Vic Chestnut or anyone else. I want them to buy my CDs and my vinyl singles and bandcamp downloads but I'm not begging.

That guy whined like a puppy about revenues being down since 1999. A gallon of gas cost $1.10 in '99. In 2012, I need a tank of gas to get to work more than I need 180 gram Lana Del Rey vinyl.

"70,000 albums were released in 2010. 2% sold more than 5,000 units." He throws this quote out there like it's a Feed The Children commercial. Guess what? Albums are pretty much unnecessary. They're luxury items.