Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjecteh. the 2nd letter became annoying by the 3rd paragraph.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2711113&mesg_id=2711145
2711145, eh. the 2nd letter became annoying by the 3rd paragraph.
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Jun-19-12 11:09 AM
i saw where it was going and didn't care. especially after the massive misquote.

no, thanks.

but back to Emily:

i'm w/her...i don't think ppl are gonna be convinced to pay for albums under the current model. the way i see it, as i've said numerous times here, the only way to get ppl to pay for something is to keep them from accessing it for free. period. that's why i (feel like i) can't (easily) walk out of 7-11 w/a pack of Twinkies w/o paying for it (and so i don't try). and Hostess makes sure i can't (easily) get Twinkies (or an exact copy) anywhere else w/o paying. supply chain security and shit (i'm no MBA, 'supply chain' may be the wrong term). unfortunately, w/the current model the record companies won't be able to force the genie back in the bottle. ppl can get the music for free. the majority of them won't be guilt-tripped into paying. the only way forward under this model is to tighten up security in that supply chain. but good luck w/that. LOL.