Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectyour language shows that you know you fucked up.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2700386&mesg_id=2704287
2704287, your language shows that you know you fucked up.
Posted by AFKAP_of_Darkness, Tue May-29-12 10:43 PM
Talking about "you lost this argument" and "the L you took"... lol who the fuck is arguing with you?

I pointed out a simple fact: You talk about an "Internet chitlin circuit" as distinct from terrestrial radio. Meanwhile, some of the major shows in your "chitlin circuit" are terrestrial shows. And you haven't denied this either.

All this extra rationalization you are throwing in is completely irrelevant (notice that I stopped responding to--or even reading--it a few replies ago?)

Gilles is a terrestrial DJ. His show appears on national, tax-supported radio and not some radical new paradigm.

That's what I said. You have yet to refute it. So miss me with all your "content" talk... You sound idiotic with all that extra mess.

EDIT: But just so you don't try to make some specious argument that I am avoiding your bogus "point"... let me address that (even though I have not read more than 2 or 3 lines of your last two bullshit posts)

If your argument is about "content"... There were already terrestrial stations that featured "alternative" content. Very influential college radio stations, public radio stations like WFMU etc. Again... the shit is nothing new.

Gilles show and others on Radio 1... Nova Radio in Paris, etc. they've been playing this same "content" on *regular radio* for years, so how is it anything new? Again, taking us back to what dafriquan said: You're too caught up with America and the corporate radio structure here s you don't realize that in other countries, there have ALWAYS been alternatives.