Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectit is distinctly different if the the content is different...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2700386&mesg_id=2702182
2702182, it is distinctly different if the the content is different...
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Tue May-22-12 11:06 PM
>as if it's something distinct from terrestrial radio, but
>you're including terrestrial radio shows in the list

if the content is different ie different artists being heard on one from the other..then yes it's distinctly different...

if an artist is not able to advance their work on one, yet can advance it on the other then yes it's distinctly different..

if the process to get played on one is different than the other..then they are distinctly different.

certainly many of these avenues that are part of what I've coined the internet chittlin circuit are in a very general sense standard mainstream devices...but if in a specific sense what artists are able to do on the circuit when those opportunities are not available to them on mainstream venues then it becomes something alternative and different even though they may be using generally mainstream and traditional devices...

my point remains ....new artists....established artists...and classic artists have ways of getting their music heard, reaching their audience and making a living on routes that are outside of the mainstream in their content. It's working for numerous artists.... and you've provided nothing to contradict that other than over-generalizing and basiclly repeating back the same shit I'm saying..lol..

>
>That's like me saying that just because I watch TV shows on
>Hulu that NBC, CBS and ABC are part of a new, alternative
>Internet TV model.

If what you are watching on Hulu is not available and different than what is avaiable on Network TV then Hulu is distinctly different than network tv based on that specific content. If people are able to market their work and make a living using Hulu in ways that's not available to them on network tv then Hulu is part of an alternative strategy for them that allows them to circumvent network television..

game...set....match.