Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: well again from what i seen and know
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2700386&mesg_id=2701393
2701393, RE: well again from what i seen and know
Posted by Jrod Indigo, Mon May-21-12 02:07 PM
Yeah man..the genius cats tend to have either that Kanye boldness or that Marvin shyness. There's no real middle ground. But once D gets into that zone and black out..he's gonna shock a lot of cats (and I'm looking forward to it). One of my closest friends "B'Nai"..(who used to play with Martin Luther and currently plays with The Coup) is the exact same way. I'm already knowing what D can do..(and have yet to really hear him get down on the axe), and he got some tricks up his sleeve. He was shaking off the rust in Europe and he's gonna bring it..on D's time; not ours.

If you can Questo, try to convince D to go full-on Eddie Hazel and run a straightening comb through his wig. I saw shades of Eddie Hazel with his get-up and it looked dope! Either that, or go Rick James with the braids (circa Bustin Out era). And if he goes all out with the make-up and eyeliner in the States (sorta like he did in Europe), don't bash him America; especially you grown and sexy folks over here. It's a funk thing and that's what he's on. Free your mind and (you know the rest..)