Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectlol@thinking he was 'next to go. he needs to stop that fatalism.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2700386&mesg_id=2701242
2701242, lol@thinking he was 'next to go. he needs to stop that fatalism.
Posted by GumDrops, Mon May-21-12 04:45 AM
seems like hes still dangerously in love with musician myths.

i sympathise with all the stuff about pressure, not knowing what to do in the current climate and so on, but all the stuff about dying rather than actually TRYING to releasing music seems almost like an easier, lazier option. if he wants to just be a recluse, he should do it and take himself out of the industry if he thinks that would be easier to cope with. you cant call yourself a recording artist when you dont have anything to show for it. all the perfectionism is great, but it seems totally self defeating. someone needs to get this man to a therapist fast.

as far as quest, i love the guy but he is basically dangelos greatest publicist. ie you cant take anything he says about dangelo seriously. i mean, dangelos playing like zappa? lol. its just hyperbole. great, and funny hyperbole, but hyperbole nonetheless. next he'll be saying dangelos playing bass like jaco. and drums like john bonham and elvin jones. or keys like herbie hancock and vladimir horowitz (on acid).

it doesnt matter though - this is dangelo. the greatest thing about dangelo is that people love to believe any bit of hype they hear about him! no wonder he doesnt want to release any music. hes shit scared it will deflate the myth. could he EVER live up to that? (then again, it seems like he could play guitar like madonna and people would still applaud it, which makes his non-activity even stranger - doesnt he know his fans will eat up anything he does?)