Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectLOL this is the exact same haterism you spewed last time
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2700386&mesg_id=2701183
2701183, LOL this is the exact same haterism you spewed last time
Posted by AFKAP_of_Darkness, Sun May-20-12 11:13 PM
>Maybe the internet chittlin circuit isn't working for the
>music you promote through your label...

I already told you I am quite pleased with the level of success I have achieved, despite al your wishes for the contrary. But keep hoping!

>it's internet radio..uk stations like Solar Radio or
>Starpoint radio...webcasts like Giles and the like....

Gilles is terrestrial

>you can move the goal posts all you want and claim stones
>throw is a major...you're proving my point...

I'm not proving your point at all. You're the one who moved the posts in the first place by claiming that I endorsed your point by saying that jazz musicians and other artists make a living outside the mainstream. I didn't say a damn thing about the Internet, let alone some mythical "chitlin circuit."

it's because you
>have an internet chittlin circuit that guys like Mayer
>Hawthorne, or Dam Funk or the Stepkids are ever heard by the
>masses...they certainly aren't getting put on through
>corporate owned media or tv....

Not saying the Internet didn't help them, but there are many other forms of media that artists like that have traditionally been heard: college radio, alternative mags, etc. The idea that they would have been nothing without your "chitlin circuit" is false.

>the "internet chittlin circuit" made it possible for stones
>throw to venture into new current artists and break the likes
>of Dam and Mayer

Stones Throw been putting out new, current artists since the 90s... what are you talking about?

EDIT: And what do you mean that jazz is not a "prime promoted mainstream genre" or whatever you said? Is jazz as promoted as aggressively as hip-hop or teeny pop? No... But it IS promoted. It has a presence on the Billboard charts... there are several mainstream jazz mags... It's arguable that most of the audience that supports jazz today is one of the least web-savvy demographics around. So again, the notion that jazz survives only by the grace of your "Internet chitlin circuit" is absolute rubbish.

And I will say again: the notion that I dismissed the idea that artists can survive without mainstream support is ridiculous.