Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: you are proven more and more to be a simple minded fucktard lol
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2700386&mesg_id=2701005
2701005, RE: you are proven more and more to be a simple minded fucktard lol
Posted by AFKAP_of_Darkness, Sun May-20-12 03:13 PM
>Quest has always provided good insight when it comes to
>music...and his celebrity has absolutely NOTHING to do w/why I
>listen to something he says in comparison to, lets say, R
>Kelly who's eons more famous than Questlove...

But ?uest has often NOT provided good insight when it comes to D'Angelo. This is well known... I would think that just about everybody but the hardest brainwashed stan would dab a lit smidgen of salt on ?uest's D'Angelo raves.

But anyway... listen to what you're saying: You've not actually used your own mind to try to compute some sort of valid reason why ?uest's statement makes sense... You have just essentially said "Well... I'm sure ?uest has a good reason to say what he said, and I'm going to accept it on faith because he's The Mighty ?uestlove. Fuck thinking for myself!"

>I guess I'm to assume you'd rather ppl listen to your opinions
>since you are a nobody, huh?

Actually, I'm not a nobody and I have had many people listen to and pay for my opinions for many years. But that's neither here nor there. I'd not rather people listen to my opinions... I'd rather they use their own brains, ears and eyes to look around them and see that it is plainly obvious that there are thousands of "pure" (however you wanna define that) African-American artists working today, making art on a daily basis and the notion that the only "pure" African-American artist is a guy who has not made art in 10 years.

"Pure" artists MAKE ART. They don't spend a decade fucking around while others make excuses for why they're not making art.